Did anyone else doing this feel a little self-involved?
11) I love rain. In theory, I love thunderstorms. However, in 1998 a tornado ripped through our little neighborhood. I remember stepping out into the eerie after-tornado glow and seeing all my neighbors gather around to do the same. Everyone was okay, but that thing MESSED ME UP. I used to hide in the closet with a flashlight and my dog everytime it sprinkled outside. Seriously. Now I just can’t sleep in a bad storm.
12) When I was eight years old, on the 4th of July, I was excited to walk our black lab Sonny to the annual community parade. Sonny was full of energy, so I wrapped his leash around and around my wrist. When I opened the back door, Sonny jumped outside, skipping the steps entirely in his excitement. I flew through the air and landed on the right side of my face on the concrete patio. Sonny proceeded to drag me on my face across the expanse of the patio and into the yard before I could untangle my hand from the leash. The skin on that side of my face was entirely gone and I spent the summer hiding in our living room with my face in the back cushions of our couch.
13) I adore Cary Grant.
14) I love old movies. I am constantly watching TCM. Although I am not sure of the movie, I am currently watching Cary Grant on TCM and it can’t get better than that.
15) I also love the old crooners. Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole. I was entirely meant for a different era.
16) I tried out for cheerleading in junior high. No, really. Stop laughing.
17) I have a high pain tolerance. However, if I think I can get some extra pity, I will play it up a bit. I’m not ashamed.
18 ) On the other hand, I have a horrible tendency to laugh at other people in pain. Hysterically. It can’t be helped. Once I was getting in Amy’s little two door BMW and her boyfriend, Tyler, offered to get in the backseat. As he sat down, he leaned down to pick up a photo on the floor just as I slammed the front seat down to sit in it. It nailed his nose–which would have been bad enough excepting that Tyler just had surgery for a deviated septum a day or two before. We were both a little teary eyed- he from excruciating, unimaginable pain. Me from uncontrollable, horrified laughter. Honestly, I truly felt awful. But I could not stop laughing. In fact, I’m still laughing. I don’t know why. Sorry, Tyler.
19) I shaved my arms from 8th grade on through sophomore year of college. No, that rumor about hair growing back funny is not true.
20) I make the perfect chocolate chip cookie. Granted, it’s of the slice and bake variety. However, I pull them out at precisely the right time. Ask my roomie.
21) I love George Strait. “Baby Your Baby” is my favorite song, but it isn’t one of his popular ones. I also love “Wrapped.” There are several others, but I’ll spare you.
22) Aside from meeting a few wonderful people at college, I wish I would have gone to Auburn instead of Samford. It makes me a little sad to know that can’t be undone.
23) I graduated with an English degree. My favorite books are Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice….and Harry Potter (shh). I love playing card games, board games, and word games. I have reading glasses for my astigmatism and an inhaler for my asthma. Basically, I am a bit of a nerd.
24) I sucked my thumb until the fourth grade.
25) I have a locket my sister gave to me for my high school graduation. In it I have a picture of both her and my brother. I think it is my most prized possession.
There you have it. 25 things. Enthralling, I know.